For FundraisingForce’s year-end blog, we thought it was appropriate to take a look back at our blog posts over this past year and to do a bit of a year in review. We launched the Website for FundraisingForce in early June and what a year (6 months, actually) it has been! This last year, FundraisingForce…
- …challenged you to think about the last time you sent something handwritten to someone, including thank you notes.
- …suggested preparations for the end of the financial year on 30 June 2014.
- …suggested each charity needed to be prepared to respond to customer service issues via Twitter, just as airlines, hotels, retail stores and others have to be prepared.
- …offered an overview of how some organisations handle opt-outs.
- …highlighted the fact most organisations in Australia do not offer BPay and PostPay as an option for giving for their donors.
- …questioned why charities do not appear to utilise QR Codes in appeals and in other marketing.
- …asked whether you have an elevator pitch to describe your charity and what you do for the charity.
- …discussed collaborative goal setting.
- …suggested customer service is the most import deliverable.
- …spotlighted the good donor care provided by Zoos Victoria Foundation.
- …discussed the importance of good data hygiene.
- …highlighted the importance of matching gifts and how rare they are in Australia.
- …offered four steps to donor care.
- …gave ideas for professional development.
- …asked whether donor welcome packs are a thing of the past.
- …offered the opinion that cause related marketing is also rare in Australia.
- …applauded the Ice Bucket Challenge.
- …also applauded an August telemarketing call.
- …suggested your charity test an ask in your donor acknowledgement/thank you letters.
- …gave training options for your team.
- …highlighted why gifts in honour or memory of someone are really sensitive gifts.
- …introduced the DipJar to potentially replace donation tins.
- …showed you how to find hot prospects for spring.
- …offered advice to prepare for a disaster.
- …gave additional suggestions and advice on staff training.
- …offered advice to set passwords and not store them on Post-it Notes!
- …suggested challenge gifts to motivate your donors to give.
- …introduced the concept of personal brand.
- …highlighted charities offering holiday cards.
- …promoted GivingTuesday and its success a multitude of times.
- …and, we highlighted selfless acts on behalf of charities, including those of MaryRose Mazzola of Massachusetts.
FundraisingForce sincerely hopes the various topics we have blogged have been of interest and benefit to you and others in your organisation.
Special thanks to RamtinWorld for designing a terrific Website and a platform for FundraisingForce to be able to communicate with all of you worldwide.
FundraisingForce wishes you all best wishes for 2015. Happy New Year!