Non-profit organisations Australia-wide dread them similar to a root canal. It’s the EOFY receipting process. Charities that have their process down already have sent their end of year receipt. Those who don’t need to know that EOFY receipting is far easier than a root canal.
This week, I received a fantastic EOFY receipt from Bush Heritage Australia. The following attributes made the Bush Heritage end of year receipt top notch:
- Arrival date – the Bush Heritage end of year consolidated receipt arrived the first week of July.
- It was the first of the consolidated receipts to arrive. While it is not a race and no charitable organisation is late until 31 July), it is impressive they had their process nailed down to send it so quickly.
- Video – a video message was included as the focal point of the EOFY receipt.
- Bush Heritage brought a bit of the bush to the donors and included staff on their front line to thank regular givers.
- Text – the text of the email reinforced the accomplishments made possible this year due to regular gifts.
- Tax Receipt – the main purpose of the EOFY consolidate receipt is to offer a tax receipt.
- Bush Heritage included a clean, understandable and easily downloadable tax receipt for me to keep for my accountant.
- Appreciation – the email and video make the regular donor feel appreciated.
- It is a wonderful donor care piece.
- Social Media Channels – Bush Heritage included their social media channels.
- Given how I was feeling, I wanted to share!
Bush Heritage Australia get is all right. The organisation kicked off the first week of the new financial year in style and made me realise why I am a regular giver to such a fine and worthwhile organisation.
To get help with your end of year receipting process – no matter which CRM your non-profit organisation use, contact us today.