Do you often worry what your face to face fundraisers may be doing to capture the attention of prospective donors on the streets in the capital cities of Australia? Are they stopping prospects in their tracks? Reaching out to shake the prospect’s hands? What are they saying to the prospect to get them to surrender a credit card for their regular gift? Are they only stopping prospective donors their age or are they, indeed, diverse in those they approach?
Face to face fundraisers do not need to be out of site out of mind.
Mystery Shopping Defined
Mystery shopping allows a shopper to mask as a prospective donor or fundraiser on behalf of a non-profit organisation and to perform a scenario specifically designed for the organisation. The shopper will employ their skills to seek answers to questions an organisation seeks to understand. Whether your organisation is seeking to understand an experience of a prospective donor or fundraiser or whether certain quality measures or targets are achieved, mystery shoppers will help you to measure the situation at hand.
FundraisingForce has over a dozen years shopping face to face fundraising, lotteries, community fundraising, major gifts, bequests, and other fundraising scenarios for charitable organisation across Asia Pacific and throughout Europe. We know, first-hand the scenarios organisations are after and the type of reporting desired.
Benefits of Face to Face Mystery Shopping
Mystery shopping will allow your non-profit organisation to understand the following:
- Demographics of individuals engaged.
- Number of individuals attempted each 15 minutes.
- Manner in which prospective donors are greeted.
- Dress and grooming of your fundraisers.
- Length of discussions.
- Highlights of discussions.
- Distractions causing fundraisers to not approach prospects.
- Additional training needed.
Steps for Mystery Shopping
Mystery shopping must not be conducted in a cookie cutter approach. Shops should be tailored and customised to meet your organsiation’s requirements. The following steps are conducted for each mystery shopping customers:
- Defining and understanding the non-profit client’s requirements.
- Developing scenarios and surveys to fit the client’s requirements.
- Approval of the scenarios and scenario by the client.
- Hiring of shoppers to meet the demographics required.
- Training of the shoppers.
- Shopping the scenarios for a defined timeframe.
- Reporting to the non-profit client.
Experience in mystery shopping is critical. Hire a professional mystery shopping firm with expertise in non-profit mystery shopping. Mystery shopping our sector is specialised and no one should assume all mystery shopping – whether for a commercial organisation or charitable organisation – is the same.
For more information on non-profit mystery shopping, contact FundraisingForce today.